You have one year to become certified. This starts from the time you receive your manuals and videos to the time you send in your packet for review for certification.
AFTER YOU HAVE FINISHED WATCHING THE VIDEOS AND HAVE READ THE MANUALS, PLEASE EMAIL US AT Info@birthbehindbars.com AND WE WILL SEND YOU THE CERTIFICATION PACKET FOR YOU TO COMPLETE.
Your $275 fee covers
• Online videos,
• BBB Professional Manual,
• Policies and Procedures Manual,
• Sample of Inmate Manual to instruct the expectant mother
• Certification fee
• Your first year membership to BBB Educator Professional.
• You will be receiving a reminder a year from now to renew your membership.
• Membership is $45 a year.
• Registered and paid for the BBB course.
• Complete watching all videos and reading of manuals
• Complete required reading –
• Write a 500 – 1,000 word document that outlines the importance of having certified programs for the pregnant inmate, of how you plan to incooperate this certification in a jail or prison and include the name of the facility.
• Send in copies (do not send in any originals) of all of your certification certificates and diplomas and all of the required paperwork from your Certification Packet.
• Proof of membership to an established birth organization.
• Send to our office using US mail. DO NOT send with a signature required for pick up. Please send in a large envelope. Do not send in a binder or folder of any type. (A file folder is acceptable)
You will be notified with in 3 weeks if your certification is approved. You will be able to use the initials CBBBE behind your name.
In your registration for the course, you agreed to the following.
This is just a reminder for you to keep with you regarding all information about sharing or copying any Birth Behind Bars information.
• I understand that I may not record or share the on line courses (audio or video).
• I understand that I may not photograph any PowerPoint slides, training materials, certificates of completion, or any other intellectual property belonging to BIRTH BEHIND BARS.
• I may not reproduce, publish, or distribute any materials in the training manual.
• I may not reproduce, publish, or distribute any certification materials, other than for the purpose of fulfilling my certification requirements (i.e. copying the evaluation forms for my clients to fill out).
• I may not reproduce, publish, photograph, share, email, or distribute any materials in the training handouts or manual other than for the purpose of using them for my personal business.
• I understand that this course is only one step in becoming a Birth Behind Bars Educator. There are several other steps that must be completed by the student after the training in order to be eligible for certification by Birth Behind Bars.
• Certificate of training completion is given only if the entire on line training courses were watched required certification materials and books have been read and training fees are paid in full.
• I understand that using the titles CBBBE or Birth Behind Bars Certified Educator (or any variation thereof) prior to officially earning my certification from Birth Behind Bars will result in being disqualified from being certified.
• I may make copies of the INMATE MANUAL with no changes of the pages, keeping the copyright information at the bottom of each page.
• I may make copies of the POLICY AND PROCEDURES manual and make the appropriate changes to fit my organization. On the pages I use, I will keep the copyright information at the bottom of each page.
* I have read and accept the terms as it is written on the social media page.