Birth Behind Bars Certification Registration
We are now offering a certification in Birth Behind Bars. It is a 5 hour on line course. There will be required reading and a test to take at the end of the course. After taking this on line course, you will be able to:
- Articulate the history of women in prison- where they have been, what is being done now, where we can go in the future.
- Identify the educational needs of the pregnant inmate.
- Be able to identify and teach to the specific needs to the pregnant inmate.
- Know how to adapt positions for labor and birth with a pregnant inmate due to their unique circumstances.
- Be able to encourage, teach and help the new mother as she bonds with her baby at the hospital.
- Be able to identify post partum depression and know how to help her as she returns to jail without her baby.
- Understand and know how to equip the pregnant inmate on how to parent efficiently from jail.
- Understand the importance of making goals for the life of their baby and other children in her family
- Identify the goals the pregnant inmate needs to obtain to reach while she is incarcerated, so that she is a better parent.
- Identify the goals she needs to set as she reaches her release date.
What Is Included In Your Registration?
The cost of registration is $275.00
Register and pay for the Birth Behind Bars Educator Course
Watch online videos
Read the Birth Behind Bars Manual, Policy and Procedures Manual and the sample Inmate Childbirth Education Manual
Your Certification fee
Your first year membership to Birth Behind Bars Educator Professional
(Membership is $45 a year)
Registrations and certification packets cannot be shared with others. Each person must register and receive their packet
Once we have received your registration form and your fee, we will send you the information to go on line to start taking your online courses and send you your manual